Active Directory User Management
Most companies use the Active Directory for User and
The properties of the
user objects are described by attributes.
Manage more information in Active Directory
Active Directory offers the possibility to integrate any desired
information as attributes to increase the directories
functionality. User master data can also be included that way into
the Active Directory. Applications can directly access these
informationen via LDAP and use them. Additionally these information
can be synchronized betweend several systems.
Standard Attributes (commonly used)
Attributed that are often uses for AD User Management:
- Login name
- Phone number
- Email address
Standard Attributes (rarely used)
There already exist a couple of AD attributes companies can use
directly. More and more companies recognize the advantages of this
possibility and use attributes for:
- Employee photo
- Employee number
- Manager (of an employee)
The integration of additional properties to user objects is not
really difficult. Possible attributes could be:
- Cost center
- Company code
- Employee status (internal, external, trainee)
- Entry date / Exit date
The information is automatically replicated to the user objects
between the domain controllers and thus available at each location
for other applications.
Visibility of the information
Anyone who has access to the AD can see the entered data.
Whether you may be able to edit the additional attributes depends
on your company policies. If you have questions about encryption,
contact us, we are
happy to help you.
Adjust Active Directory to the requirements
The functionality of the Active Directory can be very well
adapted to the needs of an organization.
- Extend Active Directory with
your own attributes
- Authentificate appplications against Active
- Access user attributes directly from
- pranderen Systemen die aktuellen Benutzer-Stammdaten zur
Adopt Active Directory to your working habbits and
not the other way around.
If you need help to make your AD User Management really meet
your requirements, please let us know
Note: Keep your user master data up to date to maximize the
benefits of an Active Directory extension.
Active Directory Funktionalität erhöhen
The following list should give you some ideas what an AD
extension could be good for:
- Automated user management
- Creation of new account with "fixed rules"
- Use templates for the fast creation of user accounts or
- Definition of roles
- Password self service
- Delegation of administration tasks
- Reduce the workload of your IT pros by the delegation of
- Create dynamic security groups based on
- Synchronization of user data with other systems and
- Automate the provisioning and deprovisioning process, controled
by HR, SAP or other data bases
- Import and Export of user master data
If you are interested in optimizing your user administration,
you are welcome to contact us.