Most companies use the Active Directory for User andAuthorization ManagementThe properties of theuser objects are described by attributes.
Manage more information in Active Directory
Active Directory offers the possibility to integrate any desiredinformation as attributes to increase the directoriesfunctionality. User master data can also be included that way intothe Active Directory. Applications can directly access theseinformationen via LDAP and use them. Additionally these informationcan be synchronized betweend several systems.
Standard Attributes (commonly used)
Attributed that are often uses for AD User Management:
Standard Attributes (rarely used)
There already exist a couple of AD attributes companies can usedirectly. More and more companies recognize the advantages of thispossibility and use attributes for:
The integration of additional properties to user objects is notreally difficult. Possible attributes could be:
The information is automatically replicated to the user objectsbetween the domain controllers and thus available at each locationfor other applications.
Visibility of the information
Anyone who has access to the AD can see the entered data.Whether you may be able to edit the additional attributes dependson your company policies. If you have questions about encryption,contact us, we arehappy to help you.
Adjust Active Directory to the requirements
The functionality of the Active Directory can be very welladapted to the needs of an organization.
- Extend Active Directory withyour own attributes
- Authentificate appplications against ActiveDirectory
- Access user attributes directly fromother applications
- pranderen Systemen die aktuellen Benutzer-Stammdaten zurVerfügung stellen
Adopt Active Directory to your working habbits andnot the other way around.
If you need help to make your AD User Management really meetyour requirements, please let us know
Note: Keep your user master data up to date to maximize thebenefits of an Active Directory extension.
Active Directory Funktionalität erhöhen
The following list should give you some ideas what an ADextension could be good for:
- Automated user management
- Creation of new account with “fixed rules”
- Use templates for the fast creation of user accounts orgroups
- Definition of roles
- Password self service
- Delegation of administration tasks
- Reduce the workload of your IT pros by the delegation oftasks
- Create dynamic security groups based onfilters
- Synchronization of user data with other systems andapplications
- Automate the provisioning and deprovisioning process, controledby HR, SAP or other data bases
- Import and Export of user master data