Flexibility instead of growing costs
A hybrid IT landscape offers flexibility for IT strategy and costs. If you implement IT projects in the traditional way as an investment (Capex), you have the solution in your own hands, especially with on-premises. In a mixed approach with the cloud, you simply use certain components directly as a service (Opex). This simplifies the calculation of the total cost of ownership (TCO), except for the following:
The flexibility offered by a hybrid structure also means
additional labor and costs for duplicate IAM management.
Single Point of Access for IAM in hybrid IT
Cost savings through the cloud often don’t happen as expected because on-premises management remains in place.
Employees with user accounts in two systems (AD & M365) generate twice the workload for IT operations, sometimes even more. There are separate admin panels for AD, Exchange, M365, AAD and Teams alone.
IT costs are actually rising as a result, because support and complexity are increasing. However, employees in other departments do not know that administration and IT are more strained.
Duplication of costs due to hybrid administration can be avoided and reduced:
- Single Point of Access (SPOA) with IDM-Portal for hybrid IAM in a Microsoft environment
- Delegation of standard IAM tasks to business departments and end users
Hybrid digital workplace as a standard
The way employees work is divided between desktop apps, cloud services and Teams client. Most mobile work today is done with cloud services on mobile devices.
The hybrid digital workplace combines both worlds and makes employees independent of their location.
IDM-Portal enables unified access control and user management of the underlying services, whether Active Directory, Exchange online or access to Cloud App.
IDM-Portal is the SPOA solution for hybrid IT and a hybrid digital workplace.
User acceptance through single point of access
instead of change management
The dynamic technical environment leads to ever new applications. At the same time, the number of management tools to keep applications secure and up-to-date is increasing.
In the longer term, frequent changes lead to resistance among employees in IT and business. For companies, this means: investing a great deal of effort to gain understanding for the change in technology.
IDM-Portal as a coherent solution for business, IT and users:
- connects different target technologies
- interfaces remain largely the same
- easy to operate and user-oriented
- administration is hidden in the background
- ensures positive acceptance of new technologies
Delegation of work between departments
If standardization is implemented with a portal tool, redundant administration efforts are reduced by 80%.
In the second step, reductions are achieved that are more substantial than pure on-premises or cloud-only solutions. So IT achieves this when user groups take on tasks themselves.
Benefits for IT project planning and non-IT employees:
- Save IT resources and use them for other tasks and projects
- Enable employees to help themselves and thus resolve inquiries more quickly
Independence, security, auditability
FirstAttribute AG is a privately-held, independent company. The software development is 100% German based. With 20 years of experience in the IAM and project environment, we are familiar with a variety of IAM products and their strengths and weaknesses.
Weaknesses of many US products: It is questionable whether they are data secure. FirstAttribute’s IDM-Portal uses existing directories of your audited environment.
Weak points of complex IAM systems: the setup of infrastructure for redundant data. Instead, our solution has no increased requirements for GDPR.
IDM-Portal can be 100% self-hosted in your own data center or virtualized and deployed in the cloud. It leverages your existing infrastructure without building its own. This enables real-time audit on AD/M365 permissions and traceability through logs.
- Utilization of existing hybrid IT infrastructure with AD and AAD
- PowerShell and templates give additional flexibility
- Employees manage requests for authorizations and data maintenance
- Information portal with data from on-premises and Microsoft 365
- User lifecycle management handled by department manager and HR
- Compliance-appropriate adaptation and traceability for audits